Sunday, September 13, 2015

Happiness is Homemade

So the end of my week was pretty eventful. On Thursday I was on my way to work when I decided that I want to take a trip down my steps apparently. I didn't break anything but was pretty banged up. I'm still sore and its been 4 days! 

My little sister came up and we decided to do a little cooking. On Friday night we made Salmon. This was my first time making it, I looked on Pinterest forever before I decided on how I wanted to make it. I should say that I hate seafood, so for me to eat fish.. I want it to not taste fishy! My husband loves seafood (He's from the Pacific Northwest and grew up with it.), but being from West Virginia I tend to like more comfort foods.

Anyways! I did a Blackened Salmon .. I used this recipe for inspiration from Creole Contessa http://creolecontessa.com/2014/09/blackened-salmon/ I didn't measure anything I just guessed. 

The seasonings I used: Creole Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin, Onion Powder, Seasoned Salt, Black Pepper, & Lemon Pepper seasoning. 


Here is the seasoning before I put it on the Salmon



Then here's both Salmon fillets after I coated them in the seasonings


Along with the salmon we had Jasmine rice and a little bit of lime for the fish.


It was a success! We both liked it. It was very seasoned and didn't taste that fishy at all which is exactly what I wanted!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment