Sunday, September 13, 2015

Count the memories not the calories

So on the weekends my sister stays with me and we try new recipes! This weekend we tried quite a few! First up we made Gheridelli's Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip cookies!!




These were pretty easy to throw together. They were really good!! They were soft & cake-y rather than crispy but I really liked them!!

Next up we made Flourless Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!

I'll start off by saying that I'm not much of a baker. I always say I'm a better cook than a baker but I was super excited about these cookies!! They are super simple, just a few ingredients and turn out amazing! We made two batches, the first batch we used cashew butter the second batch we used Jif peanut butter because I didn't have anymore cashew butter!

These were the first time I tried flourless cookies! I know I'll be using this recipe all the time now! Here's the recipe I used! You can check out the rest of her recipes here.

Flourless Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup cashew butter
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Set oven to 350F
  2. Whisk the egg and sugar together until well blended. Beat in the baking soda and cashew butter and then fold in the chips.
  3. I use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to scoop out balls of dough. Space them 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  4. Flatten the balls of dough just slightly with your fingers or a spreading knife.
  5. Bake for about 12-13 minutes. The cookies will puff up and just barely begin to get golden on the edges. They will look soft and a little under done, but will firm up as they cool.
  6. Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the pan, then transfer to a rack.





I loved how these turned out!! I'm pretty sure these are the most perfect cookies that I've ever made!
Erika & I had a blast making them!! 

The next batch instead of using mini chocolate chips like the last batch we cut up some Gheridelli chocolate squares! We had dark chocolate and then milk chocolate with sea salt. We cut them up and threw them into the batter. 

I'm into photography so of course I had to get some pretty shots!




and I think this might be my favorite shot!





We also made some mini pumpkin pies but I'll put those in another post!

So even though I'm still store, I had a great weekend with my little sister!! 

If you try this recipe let me know and send me a picture!! Tag me on Twitter @Jessica_8587 or on Instagram Jessicalynn8587!

*all pictures are mine


No comments:

Post a Comment