Monday, February 29, 2016

BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas!





Over the weekend I decided to try a recipe I found on Emily Bites Blog. It is Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas! I didn't have any bacon so of course I didn't add it! I also couldn't find the extra thin yellow corn tortillas so I made this my own recipe!




INGREDIENTS:
½ cup chopped onion
1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 tablespoon McCormick Hamburger seasoning
4 tablespoons barbecue sauce 
8 flour tortillas
2 cups reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese


DIRECTIONS:
Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add the chopped onions to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent. Add the ground beef and continue to cook, breaking up beef with a spoon, until meat is cooked through and broken into small bite-sized pieces. Drain any excess fat from the pan if necessary. Add the hamburger seasoning and stir until meat is coated. Add the barbecue sauce and bacon and stir in until well combined. Remove from heat.

Mist one side of five tortillas with cooking spray and place the tortillas sprayed side down onto a griddle pan or large skillet (may need to cook them in shifts). Sprinkle the shredded cheese onto the surface of each tortilla and top with ½ cup of the meat mixture. Top with a little more cheese then mist the other side of a tortilla and put it sprayed side up. I let it cook for a few minutes until the cheese on the bottom layer was melted and it was nice and golden brown. Then I took a spatula and flipped the hold thing over! Repeat 4 times! 

I adapted the recipe from Emily Bites.. here is her recipe! http://www.emilybites.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment